Von Matterhorn question….

Let’s Get Started Forums Ask EBR Von Matterhorn question….

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  E. Brian Rose 4 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

AndyCurry
    Participant

Brian,

I started using the Von Matterhorn idea a couple weeks ago after your interview with Jack Mize. I obviously want people to see the sites I put up to boost my authority.

I’m thinking I need to seo them for my name and have a page with links from my site to the authority-boosting sites so people can find them from there. Is that what you did? If not, what else did you do?

Second question…

I’ve been sitting on what I consider to be a powerful idea for a web based business. When asked what it’s about, without giving it away I tell them: Think “Facebook meets Craigslist.”

Anyway, I’m starting it in my own hometown of a half-million people. Once the site is up and working, I thought I’d join the local chamber and do the party idea where people have to stand in front of the banner and get pictures taken and then I get them on Facebook like you did.

The vendors will ultimately be paying for usage of the site but not at first as I thought that’d be good strategy to just get them in there. Then when traffic picks up nicely, we start charging.

In the beginning, this site’s success depends on vendors and local consumers being part of the site and active.

So, I’m looking for suggestions to encourage that and to get LOTS of attention for site.

Thanks!

Andy Curry

E. Brian Rose
    Keymaster

It sounds like you will be charging a listing fee for the vendors to add their items. Have you thought about just charging a transaction fee if an item is sold? I don’t know what the payment structure you have set up, so I don’t know if that is feasible. If so, that’s the route I would go. “Free to list, only pay when you make money.”

As for the Von Matorhorn method… The idea is to seed the web with your name (or company you are branding) as much as possible. Websites, press releases, even guest blogging or being interviewed by other bloggers. Just keep pushing out content with your name on it. But don’t confuse the seeding of the web with the actual value content you provide to your tribe on your money sites.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 Millionaire Within. All rights reserved.
error: Right click is not available on this site.